Sunday, January 13, 2013

Finished Product: Non-Fiction Text Features!

I have finally completed all 18 Non-Fiction text feature posters!! They have taken me a little more motivation than attended...but it's the weekend right?!?

Here are the features that I created posters for: Bold Print, Bullets, Caption, Colored Print, Diagram, Glossary, Graph, Heading, Illustration, Index, Types of Print, Map, Photograph, Subheading, Table of Contents, and Table.

It is COMMON CORE ALIGNED (of course):
 I can use the parts of a text to find information. 1.RI.5
I can use text features to find information quickly. 2.RI.5
I can use headings, bold words, captions, highlighted words, etc. to find information. 3.RI.5

I am hoping this will help my kiddos be able to remember these features and USE THEM to find information!! Click on the preview below to view the whole file!


Want to WIN a copy of this file...just ask!!! I will give away a free set to the first person to comment! All I ask is that you become a follower if you are not already!

6 comments:

  1. Love it! Just became a follower! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need your email address please!! I would like to finally send you this promised freebie! Sorry the new computer transition took longer than I thought!

      Delete
  2. We are starting non-fiction this week. Just came upon your blog and now I'm a follower!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need your email address please!! I would like to send you this freebie for following! Sorry the new computer transition took longer than I thought!

      Delete
  3. OMG! I wish had seen this and been able to get these posters...they are great! We just started our non-fiction unit in reading and writing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to send them to you for future use! All I ask is you continue to follow my blog! Send me a quick email at lewish@fgsmail.org and I will send them your way!

      Delete